Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weekend Food

Last weekend... we had good food!

We went to Tehachapi Saturday night and spent a night out on the town!
Las Palmas for dinner and District 9 at the Hitching Post Theatre.
Great Night!
Las Palmas has amazing salsa! Really good! We all know that salsa is such an important part of a Mexican restaurant!

The rest of the weekend, Grant and I ate more good food.
Last Thursday I made Kraft Mac n Cheese... nothing beats a properly made bowl of Kraft Mac n Cheese!




     Then Saturday morning before we went to Tehachapi, I made breakfast for Grant and I! We love the Jimmy Dean Skillet Breakfasts! So good! Sausage is the best one! Super easy to make, one skillet meal! I, of course, add extra seasonings, like red pepper. I add a little milk to the eggs to help em' fluff before adding them to the skillet. Then I added some cheese and sour cream to the top. I also made some of Grant's childhood favorites: the cheese dog roll up thingy. You take the Pillsbury crescent rolls, place a hot dog on top, slice the hot dog open and put cheese inside the dog. Then roll the dog up, bake it at 350 for approx. 12 minutes. Super good too!





     While at Tehachapi, Ron and Betty Barker told us that we just had to go to the bakery and get some fresh bread, upon asking the gal what the best was, she said the 6 grain, so we purchased it. I have to admit I was a little skeptical... it looked like some healthy piece of bread... but! It was really really good! I made some Chicken Salad Sandwiches for dinner when we returned home on Sunday night. I grilled the chicken on Saturday before we left, and shredded it up. Then all i had to do on Sunday was add Mayo, chopped celery, cranberries, salt and pepper, and chopped fresh taragon! It was really good. And I served it with some Macaroni Salad!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meghan- I love your blog!! It's way more fun than my blog, that's always about worship leading and music and all that kinda stuff. Yours is about something EVERYONE LOVES!!! hahaha. Looking forward to getting some recipies from you, and hearing about your adventures in cooking. :)

<3 LeAnn

Meg said...

Thank you LeAnn! cooking is def a passion of mine! it's so fun! i love to eat it, talk about it, cook it, dream about it! everything it!

Post a Comment